|2017-18 UPK Registration|
|New Student Grades 1-12|
Have you moved?
If you have moved to a new
address within the district please
submit to the District Registrar a
Change of address form,
residency questionnaire form,
and proof of new address.
Change of Address Form
Only applies if you
have moved within the
Cohoes City School District.
7 Bevan Street (Cohoes Middle School)
Cohoes, NY 12047
Phone: (518) 237-4131 Ext. 2299
Fax: (518) 833-7009
Hours: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. by appointment
Student registration for the Cohoes City School District is completed by appointment only at the District’s Central Registration Office, located at 7 Bevan St Cohoes, NY.
To expedite the registration process, we encourage parents or guardians to call ahead to arrange to pick up a registration packet from the Registration Office or the packets are available for download through the links on the right.
Along with a completed registration packet per child, the following documentation is required in order to enroll your child for school:
• Proof of age: (Any of the following): Birth Certificate, Passport, or Baptismal Certificate.
• Proof of immunization and a physical within the last year: Must be signed or stamped by a State Licensed health care provider. Proof may be faxed to (518)833-7009 directly from the physician’s office.
• Custody papers, if applicable: If the student is not your biological child, you must present documentation that proves a permanent and total transfer of custody and control has been achieved.
• Proofs of Residency (2): Documents that show you reside in the Cohoes City School District.
* Proof of residency includes the following:
o Tax Bill
o Homeowner’s or Renter’s insurance policy – Must be a valid policy with parent/guardian name and address.
o Residential Occupancy Permit (ROP) - Can be obtained from City Hall 518-233-2127, landlord, or a form can be signed at the time of registration
o Telephone bill w/in 30 days
o National Grid bill w/in 30 days
o Documents issued by the federal, state or local agencies
o Legal and valid lease agreement – Must contain property owner’s name, address and signature; and name and signature of parent/guardian
o Home purchase contract – Must contain seller’s name, the address of the property being purchased and the purchaser’s name
• School Records: Most current report card, standardized testing results, and contact information, including phone and fax numbers, for the last school attended. Most current Individualized Education Program (IEP) if applicable. Please note: your child’s placement for school may be delayed if you do not bring the above information with you.
*Confirmation of Residency: The district will confirm that the proof of residency accurately reflects the location where the family lives in district. The district will review records and/or contact the landlord or Cohoes City Hall to verify residency. If it is determined that the documents do not accurately reflect the families living arrangements, the parent/guardian will be notified in writing of these findings and the student(s) will be unenrolled in the district.
If any of the above documents are unavailable the school district may consider other forms upon approval.
Registration for 2017-18 UPK class (3 & 4 year olds) will be held March 20 – April 12 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the District’s Main Office located at 7 Bevan St Cohoes, NY 12047 by appointment only.
Please call (518)237-4131 ext. 2299 to schedule an appointment.
Deadline for completed applications is 4 p.m. on April 12, 2017.
For information regarding Universal Prekindergarten program, click here.
Pupils entering kindergarten must be age 5 on or
before December 1 of the school year in which they enroll in
Registration for the 2017-18 Kindergarten class will be held on February 28 – March 3 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by appointment only.
Please call (518) 237-4131 ext. 2299 to schedule an appointment.
* If your child is currently in the Cohoes UPK program, you do not need to register him/her for kindergarten.
Private, Parochial, and Charter school students must be registered through the registrar’s office. Please fill out a Private School Registration [PDF]. In addition, you must present two (2) proofs of residency in the district.